Jennifer Metherd, MD
I pursued the field of obstetrics and gynecology because of the unique opportunity to treat patients throughout their life; the continuity of care is unlike most other areas of medicine. It is a privilege to be present for some of the most important moments in the lives of women and their families. The diversity of the field allows me to practice preventative medicine, follow patients through pregnancy and their delivery, and provide both in-office and surgical based treatments for gynecologic concerns. I am committed to practicing evidence-based medicine and providing comprehensive patient education. Open communication is imperative for the patient to make the most informed decisions about their care. My special interests include: contraception, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
Much of the inspiration for my path to women’s health has come from international travel and study in Southeast Asia. I completed my residency training at Tulane University and was able to complete a dual degree as a Doctor of Medicine with a Masters in Public Health with a focus on international health.
In my spare time, my husband and I love to compete in triathlons around the U.S. We love the parks and outdoor training opportunities here in the Twin Cities. You can also find me in the Boundary Waters, experimenting in the kitchen, and continuing my musical hobbies including piano, cello, and singing with choral groups. I’ve been married since 2015 and I love spending time with my energetic family! Our son was born in October 2018; the newest edition after our two Siberian Husky fur babies.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2019
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Residency – University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati OH, 2016
- Doctor of Medicine – Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans LA, 2012
- Masters in Public Health – Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orlean LA – 2012
- Bachelor of Arts – Saint Olaf College, Northfield MN, Sociology/Anthropology