Ronald Peterson, M.D.
I have been practicing with John A. Haugen Associates since moving to Minneapolis in 1977 from my residency training at the University of Michigan. Over those years I have been privileged to have delivered well over 5,000 babies and have been listed regularly in the Mpls/St. Paul Top Docs magazine for OB/Gyn.
Since beginning practice I have taken pride in being able to consistently deliver personal care to my obstetric patients and have been able to deliver almost 85-90% of my own patients through those years. Ob-Gyn is a field of medicine which touches family’s lives in many significant ways not only medically but socially and ethically as well. I have found this variety extremely gratifying through the years.
I am married and have three children who live in wonderful, warm places to visit. My oldest is an actress in Los Angeles, my son is a financial analyst in San Francisco, and my youngest daughter is an attorney in Washington, D.C.
In addition to medicine I love to read, to garden, to camp, and to fish.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1979
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Residency-University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, 1977
- Doctor of Medicine- Northwestern University, Chicago IL, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts- Augustana College, Rock Island IL, Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, 1969
- Boards of Medica Health Plan and Allina Health System
- President, Medical Staff, Abbott Northwestern Hospital 1992-93