Linda Maag, M.D.
The practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology has allowed me the rewarding experience of getting to know my patients over the years and helping them navigate the physical changes and challenges women face from adolescence, through pregnancy experiences, and into our menopause years. While I enjoy the interactions with my patients the most, I also enjoy the challenge of keeping my knowledge about discoveries in medical science and technology up to date to best serve my patients. Starting in the spring of 2018, my practice will focus primarily on Gynecology and Women’s Health. I continue to enjoy caring for patients from the onset of puberty through the menopause years, helping them with routine well woman care, GYN care, as well as the many complex gynecologic issues that are often encountered by women (contraceptive counseling, family planning, menstrual issues, decisions about surgery and perimenopause for example).
While I enjoy counseling many younger patients who transition to our office during their college or high school years, I am also a member of the North American Menopause Society and find assisting women through this period of life to be equally as important.
I truly believe in educating women about their important health issues and seek to give my patients adequate non-rushed time during their visits to assist them in making the informed decisions that make sense to them.
When not working with my patients, I enjoy precious time with my family. My husband, Terry, is also a physician who practices in Hospice and Palliative Care. We particularly enjoy travel, cooking, and visits with our adult children.
- Certified Menopause Practitioner with North American Menopause Society (NCMP) 2018
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1997
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Residency – Northwestern University, Chicago IL, 1995
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Doctor of Medicine- Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago IL, 1991
- Bachelor of Science- University of Notre Dame, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, 1987